Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Fat lady Sings....

Well, I didn't think I would ever say this, but it looks like it's over for us with a healthy boy from Vietnam. Our liason attempted to present our information to the orphanage and was told that they were ordered by the providence to adopt to European orphanages only, not the US. I guess they are really mad at the US because of all the investigations that have resulted in arrests. So even though we or this child had nothing to do with that, we are being shut out. I can't believe it has come down to this. I wish they could see they aren't punishing the US; the US could care less if we brought this boy home. I wish they could see that this boy and his family want him to be adopted. I wish they could see that no European country has expressed interest in him. We may stay in Vietnam and attempt to adopt a special needs child that has mild correctable issues. But we don't know yet. I am looking at other options too, especially Ethiopia and other waiting children. "It ain't over till the fat lady sings"...but I don't want to hear her sing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so very sorry. My heart is breaking...

Lisbeth said...

I feel your pain. I got shut out too. I have no idea what to do now. . .