Friday, August 29, 2008

Never say never again............

OK, so this is how it goes....Everything is going great, everything is falling apart and back and forth. Well, once again there may be an upswing. We were informaed yesterday that we may be able to procede with his adoption after Sept 1st as a special needs adoption due to his age. We will know more late next week since it is a holiday here and in Vietnam (Independence Day there). So keep your fingers crossed because we and he really need this to happen! Hopefully both countries can work together to make this a reality. I have not given up and I won't admit defeat. I have been called tenacious and I will live up to that reputation. It has been a very hard road but when a little hope shines through, I will grab it!

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Fat lady Sings....

Well, I didn't think I would ever say this, but it looks like it's over for us with a healthy boy from Vietnam. Our liason attempted to present our information to the orphanage and was told that they were ordered by the providence to adopt to European orphanages only, not the US. I guess they are really mad at the US because of all the investigations that have resulted in arrests. So even though we or this child had nothing to do with that, we are being shut out. I can't believe it has come down to this. I wish they could see they aren't punishing the US; the US could care less if we brought this boy home. I wish they could see that this boy and his family want him to be adopted. I wish they could see that no European country has expressed interest in him. We may stay in Vietnam and attempt to adopt a special needs child that has mild correctable issues. But we don't know yet. I am looking at other options too, especially Ethiopia and other waiting children. "It ain't over till the fat lady sings"...but I don't want to hear her sing.

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Feeling Helpless and Heading Towards Hopeless...

6 business days left and anxious beyond belief! Still being reassured that it will be done and wanting to believe it will. Our paperwork still has to be sent to Quang Nam letting them know we want to adopt from their orphanage. Then they have to send the child's information to DIA to be matched and then they will issue our referral....all in 6 days.:( There is such a heavy feeling upon me, boy do I need relief from this. All I want is our referral and I know everything else will fall in place.

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I hate waiting!

I've been reluctant to put up a new post because I keep hoping today will be the big day where we can announce he is ours...but it hasn't come yet. We have been reassured everything will come through in time, but of course we are on edge until we get that official referral from Vietnam. So this will be short, but not yet sweet. 12 days left! Any day now. Waiting....not when of my best attributes.

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Finally to Quang Nam....

Just received word from Vietnam that our paperwork for Quang Nam will begin to be prepared today:). Finally moving forward again! The orginal estimate was if our paperwork for Quang Nam was started August 4th we would have our official referral between 8/15-8/19 (about 2 weeks). I do not know if this 1-week delay will affect that a lot or not. If it pushes things back, it would put us at 8/22-8/26. That would be bringing us in right under the wire. We will be thankful to get this to go through, but a little anxious to be working under an even tighter deadline. We are moving closer to making this dream a reality, but still no sigh of relief yet.

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Ebb and Flow....

Still waiting for the first orphanage to notify DIA that they have no referral for us so we can be matched with the boy in Quang Nam. It is Friday in Vietnam today, so if it doesn't happen today I will be sooooo disappointed. Another week has ticked away with only 3 weeks left now. My hope is starting to waiver a little as desperation starts to creep back in. This journey has been like the ebb and flow on the ocean shore; excitement rushes in and then it slowly flows back taking a little bit back with it. The water is my excitement and the sand is my heart.

Sunday, August 3, 2008

One big step forward, One tiny step back...

Our dossier was set to be taken to Quang Nam to be matched for referral, but DIA forgot that we had already applied to Hoa Binh. So they need to verify with Hoa Binh that they have no referral for us before they can send us to Quang Nam to be matched. I am told that this could take 6 days to complete. We have less than 4 weeks left before the closure, so it was a little disappointing. I still feel we will make it because Vietnam wants him placed as badly as we want another child. I hope to hear from my contact in Vietnam tonight to see how things are going. Of course it was a Friday in Vietnam when this happened. I contacted my old adoption agency and they were going to contact their Vietnam contact to notify DIA that they have no referral for as in Hoa Binh. Oh, so convoluted of a process!