Monday, June 23, 2008

Dossier Reaches DIA!

We were notified that our dossier was delivered to DIA on June 23rd in Vietnam. There is a 12 hour time difference so that means they got it last night. It wasn't clear whether we are actually logged in though. The agency was going to follow up with the liason to see if we are logged in (as the deadline is July 1st). Even if we are not yet, I am sure we will be before July 1st!

Saturday, June 21, 2008

10 Days to Deadline....

As of today we have 10 days for our dossier to be logged into DIA (Dept of International Affairs) in Vietnam to make the July 1st deadline. It is nerve wracking but we must remain positive that we will make it! Once we are logged in with DIA our dossier will then go under review to be approved to adopt Hai. Once we are approved they will send us his information as a referral. But right now, we just wait to be notified that our dossier has been logged in.

Thursday, June 19, 2008

As close as we can be....

Our authenticated documents were sent to Vietnam June 10th, so we are very close to feeling secure! They need to match the authenticated documents to the already translated ones. I am not sure how long it will be before they approve us and send his information as a referral to us. So although we are closer, we must wait longer! I will try to post the article about us in this weeks paper this weekend. We are suppossed to start our 10 week class on Saturday, but are having difficulties locating a baby sitter and will need one every Satuday. I hope our relatives and neighbors can help out some, so we don't have to pay for three kids every Saturday!

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Moving Slowly, But Surely...

We are still waiting for our documents to be authenticated at the Vietnamese Embassy here in the U.S. Copies have been sent to Vietnam and it is our understanding they have received them and began the translation process. We got our I-600A in the mail yesterday. This is for the advanced processing of a foreign born orphan and has been sent to Vietnam so they know we are approved to adopt from the U.S. side. It's still a waiting game though. The local newspaper is doing another article on us. We are still hoping to find a non-profit organization that could help us set up some fundraising opportunities or any person in the community that could help with donations. The financial demand is still heavy at about $9,000. If we could get just 500 people in this huge metropolitan area to give $10, we could feel a little less stressed and know we could get him here faster and especially before the the September 1st closing. We keep hoping and thinking it will all work out in the end.

Monday, June 2, 2008

Hurry up and wait.....

Today I needed to try and get an attorney to make me a true and accurate copy of the I-171H we received from immigration; I was unsuccesful. I couldn't find an attorney willing to do it for various reasons, so I had to make the copy myself and have it notarized and certified in downtown Phoenix again at the secretary of State office. I then overnighted the document to the liason in Rockville, MD. So now, it's hurry up and wait. It will take a minimum of one week to get the documents authenticated there on expedite level... let's hope for that or better! We can't feel secure until it's sent to Vietnam and logged in and even then we have to wait for its acceptance.