Monday, October 20, 2008
After several weeks of searching and researching we have determined our next move since we failed in Vietnam. Even though it was hard to walk away, I am so happy with our decision to work with World Assoc for Children and Parents (WACAP). We are planning to adopt a Promise Child. This means he will most likely be a boy 7-8 boy from Ethiopia, but we could also be referred a child from India or Thailand. Now we need to redo our dossier, update our homestudy and change our I-171H. WACAP said this could take 3 months or longer, I am hoping alot less! After a year with Vietnam, we are so ready to have a child now! Once we are done with that step, we will be ready to send our dossier over and expect a referral in 4-10 months....again we hope less! This will be slow updating, but we will be working hard to get everything done ASAP! All is not lost. Hopefully this time will go much smoother, like our first adoption. To follow our new adoption adventure, go to: onemoreson.blogspot.com I will be closing this blog in a month or so. I want to make sure everyone who was following us, still can.
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Well, it's official. Vietnam will not consider him special needs. I hope this will change because there are many children who will "age out" of the orphanages to no one and be left to face the world alone. It has been a long and hard journey that should not have ended this way had the province not turned our paperwork away because they feared the US investigations. So many stories I could tell, and maybe someday will in a book. There is wrong doing on both sides that have taken a boy who should have been our son and brother and who should have had the family HE wanted and deserved. Some people think we should take it as a sign that this wasn't meant to be. We will take this as a sign that another child is still waiting to complete our family. He is probably in Ethiopia, but maybe in India or even a waiting child in China. This is a hard leap to make, but it is time and hopefully tomorrow! We will keep our dossier in VN if we can, so if he becomes available and we are still able to, we could still bring him home. Thanks everyone for sharing this journey with us. Stay tuned for part two. Kelly