Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Kudos to US Citizenship and Imigration Services (USCIS)

Today I took our I-600A to the USCIS office in Phoenix. This is a petition to adopt a foreign born orphan. Usually it is just mailed in, but I took a chance and went there in person not knowing if they would even see me without an appointment. Not only did they take my application, but an officer actually came out and spoke to me! She even got us a fingerprint appointment for this Saturday! Normally you may have to wait several weeks for this. She also said she would expidite our file as fast as she could, considering what's going on in Vietnam. She even gave me her phone number and the only ones who ever have their phone numbers are the adoption agencies. I was so impressed and elated, that I teared up. One step closer for us.

Our family was also featured in our local paper today (Queen Creek Independent), in hopes that we may receive some donations. All though it is great to have things move forward quickly, the "balance due" still looms over us.

No comments: